• Mill City Night Market – A new night farmers market in partnership with Mill City Farmers Market. Pick up farm fresh, organic produce and local artisan foods for an easy weeknight meal. Prepared food vendors will be cooking up seasonal recipes all evening, so come hungry, stay, listen to live music and have a picnic supper in The Commons!
o Tuesdays: July 18 – September 26, 3:30 – 7:30 pm
• Bike with a Ranger – Hop on your own bike, or grab a Nice Ride to take a tour with a National Park Service Ranger. Tour the neighborhoods and learn more about flora and fauna, the Mississippi River or a variety of topics. In partnership with the Mississippi Park Connection. Meet at NiceRide - 4th Street and Park Avenue.
o Saturdays: August 5, September 16 & October 21, 10-11:30am
• Umbrellas – colorful umbrellas provide shade at amenity areas and within program rooms.
• Games Cart – a variety of favorite lawn and board games, including Corn Hole, ladder ball, bocce, chess, checkers, Connect Four, etc. Available free of charge, to borrow from our games cart.
• Reading cart – Explore best sellers and titles from local publishers as well as weekly newspapers, available for use in the park. Make The Commons your stop over lunch to read up on news. With support from Bond & Devick Wealth Partners.
• Ping Pong – Challenge your friends, family and colleagues to a game. Free paddles and balls available for use in the park.
• Public Art Installation - Orbacles by MINN_LAB is presented as part of the City of Minneapolis Creative City Challenge. The winning submission by MINN_LAB addresses how climate change affects birdlife in Minnesota, and launches in conjunction with the Northern Spark Festival June 10.
• Vikings Activations – Enjoy free family fun activities provided by the Minnesota Vikings on home game days. Inflatables, music, food trucks, and more. Free and open to the public.
o August 27, August 31, September 11, September 24, October 1, October 15, October 22, November 19