In 2017, the Minneapolis City Council instated a “Bring Your Own Alcohol” ordinance that allows users of The Commons to bring their own alcohol to the park during specifically designated events. The following are the only 2018 “BYO” Alcohol events:
June 12 - Music on the Lighter Side (Minnesota Sinfonia)
June 19 - The Commons | Movies (Roller Dreams)
July 26 - Rain Taxi Book Club & The Commons | Movies (Isle of Dogs)
August 9 - The Commons | Movies (Black Panther)
August 16 - The Commons | Movies (Wonder Woman)
September 25 - Minnesota Orchestra at The Commons
- “Bring Your Own Alcohol” (“BYO”) is permitted only at Commons-Produced designated events (see above).
- All other events in The Commons, including Vikings games, are NOT “Bring Your Own Alcohol” (“BYO”) events.
- Patrons may bring their own wine, beer and cocktails, for personal consumption, or the consumption of those within the small group.
- Patrons must follow all Rules of The Commons, as posted, and follow directions from park hosts.
- Patrons may not leave the park with alcohol. Open container laws apply outside park boundaries.
- Prohibited during “BYO” events, and anytime:
- Glass cups and glassware
- Sampling of merchandise, food or drink
- Distribution of alcohol, whether for sale, barter or for free, as per 360.10 and 362.10
- Consumption by minors
- Tobacco use of any kind
Relevant ordinances: Title 17, Article II, 360.10, 362.10, 364.40, 427.410, 427.450, 427.460, 427.470